Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe from scratch, requiring basic ingredients and 20 mins rise time. Best pizza dough ever that freezes well too.
- 2 cups Warm water
- 1 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 5 cups All-Purpose flour Divided in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning Optional
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder Optional
- In a small bowl, mix together warm water, yeast and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes at room temperature until the yeast blooms or “poofs” and becomes foamy.
- In your KitchenAid mixer, add half the flour, oil and the “poofed” yeast. Attach the hook attachment and mix.
- Add the remaining flour, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and continue mixing until you you have a smooth ball of dough. You can knead with your hands too.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl and cover with saran wrap and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place it on a floured surface.
- Knead it with additional flour (a few tablespoons at a time) to get rid of any stickiness.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape them into balls.
- Roll them thin on a well-floured surface and place them on two generously greased round pizza pans.
- Spread pizza sauce and toss your favorite toppings and lots of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until firm and golden brown along the edges.